Hey look! Over there, sneaking out from the shadows; why, its a post!
I unfortunately dont have a tale of woe today, although I did steal two Orcas and a hanger full of about 4 bil in POS stuff the other day. Unfortunately, thats really the whole story, which makes for a seriously lackluster blog post. I woke up one day and logged into a character to discover I had hanger access to a crapload of stuff, so I took it; still not kicked from that corp actually…
But again, thats the whole story. Today, instead, I’m going to talk about something that I’ve been waiting a long, long time to gleefully and smugly lord over anyone younger in the game than me, and its finally here: the eve of my centennial. Thats right, as you read this (or perhaps more as I write this), Aiden stands on the brink of 100 million skillpoints at roughly 99.6 million, to be exact. In the past, I’ve tended to eschew “these are mah skillz” type posts, because they’re usually more self-congratulatory than really informative or even that interesting to anyone else. But see, thats how I felt before I was an awesome baddass veteran on the brink of 100 million skillpoints, so goddamnit you lesser beta plebes, I’m going to talk about all 100million of them, and you can sit there and listen (or, you know, you can totally leave. Really, I mean, its a webpage, it really is super easy to leave if you want to).
“100 Million Ways To Be Awesome” or “What I Can Fly and Shoot Better Than You Can”:
* Every sub-cap ship in the game; really. I think I bullshitted about this a few times before, only to realize, wait, no, I couldn’t fly Amarr electronic attack ships or something equally un-useful, but now, I really can. With over 36 million SPs in Spaceship Command, every single frigate-class through battleship-class ship is within my grasp, and yes, that includes industrials. I even found myself particularly bored a year or so ago and somewhat shamefully training into Macks and Hulks; hey, you never know when you’ll need to steal something. Actually, thats the impetus for most of the weird shit I’ve learned to, but don’t ever, fly over the last few years; “if its not nailed down, take it” as the old ninja adage goes, and I’ve gone out of my way to make sure theres never a ship I can’t steal. Fake edit: can’t fly T2 Transports; I’m ok with that. Also, alts.
* Level 5 all the things: I can currently perfectly fly (at least on paper) all Battlecruisers, Minmatar, Amarr, and Gallente Battleships, Marauders, all Logistics ships, all Command Ships, all Cruisers, Destroyers, and Frigates, All Heavy Assault Cruisers, and all Recons; all to level 5. /boast
* 17 million gunnery skills: every small, medium, and large T2 turret in the game with every gunnery support skill to 5, with another 6-7mil in missile skillpoints with t2s of the ones that actually matter (t2 defenders aren’t really part of my immediate plans…), and most missile support skills to 5. The Minmatar and Gallente variety of T2 scout, combat, heavy, and sentry drones, with drone supports to 5 (minus durability it appears).
* Perfect Armor skills, and perfect Shield skills with the exception of Tactical Shield Manipulation due this ridiculously archaic belief that people used to have about not training that past 4 that I somehow still cling to for some stupid reason. Quick, someone tell my I’m an idiot and to just go ahead and bring that to 5.
* Perfect Navigation skills, including Jump Drive skills, even though I don’t fly caps; go figure.
* In the older days of yester-year, I had Elite Core skills. I suppose I still have them, minus the meaningless paperwork. Similarly:
* Hull Tanking Elite. Suck it.
The trouble now is, I’m not exactly sure where to go from here. I’ve always said I’d never fly Capital ships, and I’m still not totally sure what I’d do with one, being a highsec guy. But I could currently jump into any non-Caldari Dread in about 2 days, and any non-Caldari Carrier or Super in about 18 days. So, I suppose I could just train into one, but again, I don’t know why I would. I’m currently taking all my sensor comps to 5, but after that, I’m kind of at a loss. There are a few things I could polish off here and there- drone durability to 5, that pesky tactical shield skill, etc, but what I need is a new “project” of sorts; now taking suggestions on that by the way. Or, you know, convince me why I need a Dread or something.